Monday, September 8, 2008

Marshall is 5!!

I can't believe my baby is 5 years old!! And starting school. Wow. I'm just speechless. Here are some photos of his Wall-E birthday party, and a few of him from years past.









Baby Marshall, just one week old!













His first birthday.










Marshall and friend, Ethan Reed, at Marshall's 2nd birthday party. This was right after we moved to Tennessee, and little did we know what good friends these two would be!











Birthday number three.










Fourth birthday party. Arrr, matey!
Back row: Katyana and Sydney Reed
Middle Row: Ethan Reed, Hunter (none too happy about taking a picture), Dmitri
Front Row: Nathaniel and Marshall

(I'm not even going to try to spell Dmitri and Nathaniel's last name, because apparently I don't have it written down anywhere, and I'm sure to get it wrong...sorry!!)
And finally, here's a couple of pictures of the Wall-E cake I made, which I am rather proud of. It's definitely the most elaborate cake I've done to date. It was 3D, and consisted of 6 layers (that's 3 whole cake mixes!). The eyes, arms, wheels, etc. were made from carved styrofoam covered with fondant icing. The body was cake. The cake flavors were Triple Chocolate, Decadent Strawberry, and Caramel-Vanilla-White Chocolate. The icing was Vanilla Bean, flavored with real vanilla beans. Yum! (If I do say so myself). My cake philosophy: If you're going to eat cake, and all the calories therein, it may as well be very good cake!! Otherwise, why bother?





To see more cakes I've done, visit the My Photos link on the left. I've also added more NEW pictures from Marshall's party and from the last few months. It's about time, isn't it?

2 comments:

Kerry said...

First of all... oh my gosh... that cake is amazing!!! Ethan is analyzing it and wonders how you ever built it. He is VERY impressed... and I am more so since I know how much work is involved. He is sitting here right now wanting me to print a picture of it. GREAT JOB!!!

Secondly... they have all grown so much. That picture of Marshall and Ethan melted my heart! WOW... who knew how good friends they would be (and you and me!!!).

Now, Ethan is requesting an army cake... he said you could send it in a big box. Or, better yet, you and your kids could hop on a plane and celebrate with us! Okay, this was as long as your blog. MISS YOU GUYS!

Unknown said...

Love the cake. We miss you guys. Nathaniel missed you making his cake this year. He said "cant you call Marshall's mom to make my cake again this year. Her cakes are the best." It stinked having to buy a store bought. We hope you all are doing good.