Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Well, we're in the middle of week number two of school. Marshall is doing GREAT! He's so excited every day, and loves doing his schoolwork. He's on the verge of reading: we're doing 1 to 2 phonics lessons per day, whereas a typical schedule is 3 lessons per week with the program we're using. And he's having no trouble retaining any of it! I could probably do 3 or 4 lessons per day, but we do have other things going on, you know. Here he is on his first day. Monumental stuff in our lives!


As for me, although it is amazing to watch him learn, I was taken aback at how tiring it can be to teach a kindergartener! We get all of his lessons done in about 2 hours a day, 99% of which I am talking and trying to keep him focused. Not to mention, since Audra is such an attention hog, we're having to do this during her naptime, which was formerly when I would get stuff done. So now my days are much busier, and I am more tired at the end of them. But it's worth it when I see how much he is learning.

The boys had a fun-filled weekend. This past Friday Marshall, Hunter and Daddy got to "camp" in our backyard. We roasted hot dogs and made s'mores for dinner, then Mommy and Audra got to go back inside for bed, while the boys "slept" in the tent (I'm not sure there was too much actual sleeping going on). They were very tired the next day, but Daddy was brave, and took both of them up to Fenton Lake to go fishing. He didn't think they were paying much attention to his instructions, but they've been practicing every day since, and are actually getting pretty darn good at casting.


Of course, Audra can't be left out of anything, so we have to let her carry around a pole, too.


She is now officially a toddler, I think. We've been very struck this past week or so what a big girl she's become. It won't be long before she's talking!

Don't forget: I've added new pictures to my Shutterfly site this week!

No comments: